Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 24: I LOVE YOU SPAIN BUT I HATE YOUR AIRPORTS AND AIRLINES

Woke up early, aka snoozed snoozed the alarm for an hour. I finished packing and didn’t know what to do after. I’m really sad L not sure if my brother is gonna wake up in time haha. He did and told me his friend Javi was gonna take me to the airport so I don’t have to get a taxi. I was happy about that. I packed my big suitcase and left it at their apartment because I didn’t wanna have to check it and lug it around. I just packed my backpack and my laptop for the couple days I was there and headed to the airport 2 hours early. I get there and go through everything and sit waiting for the gate to open. My flight was a little delayed but its all good, I'm going to Ibiza at noon. So I get on the plane and we start moving, I fall asleep and wake up, thinking I'm there but nope we went back to the terminal. There was a technical problem so we got off the plane.

We waited for news about what is happening, they told us to go to a certain gate where they just yelled at us and told us to wait and this plane was leaving to Ibiza but it's not ours. So then we went back to the other gate to find out it was cancelled.

Is it that hard to have a flight leave at the right spot and on time. The worst part is the staff gets pissed at you. WELL HELLO? You delayed my flight, then boarded me and made me wait and hour to say we had to get off because of a technical difficulty. Then you tell us to wait at another gait where they tell us to wait again. When I buy a ticket to leave at 12:30pm I expect to leave at 12:30pm not 5:30pm. If I wanted to leave at 5:30 I would. Then they do nothing to compensate for it except for being rude and angry to you. This is the second time in Spain that my flight has been delayed for 4+ hours, Im really getting sick of it. It is a waste of my time. I only have less than 3 days in Ibiza. Now I only have like 2 because I spent almost an entire one in the airport. I swear they do this on purpose to make more money. So now I sit and wait while my family is in Ibiza and I get to arrive hours later exhausted miserable and paying for my own taxi.  

Now I don’t even know if I am going to make it to Ibiza today. I was told my flight was cancelled so I have to go up to customer service to “fix” it. I trek all the way up there and they say in one hour we will know if we will have another flight. So they gave us a free snack and told us to wait and hour to see if I get to leave at 7. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have already waited 4 more hours then necessary. You want me to wait another to find out if I can leave in another 2 hours. I get to spend my whole day in an airport like every boy DREAMS. Damn the airlines in SPAIN SUCK. I have never encountered this with an American airline EVER! I just hate how rude the staff is about it, like this was our fault and we have no right to be uspset. I paid a lot of money for this flight. There is a hotel booked. I mean you cannot just waste someones whole day in airport and expect them not to HATE you. So we will see if they will get me out of here at 7. If not they WILL GET HELL!

Pictures from the airport, I was bored:







The funniest part is before all this happened I was watching 30 rock on my laptop and it was an episode about how airplanes are always delayed and just lie and say 30 more minutes. That’s the summary of my day. I love traveling and I love vacationing that’s why I hate when they waste my time. Time is money and traveling costs money, so when it doesn’t go smoothly it costs more money.

So I eventually arrived in Ibiza, a 15min flight with a 6 hour wait. The taxi ride was brief and 10euros. Then I met my dad at the hotel exhausted. We just relaxed in the room. The hotel was really nice. We got dinner at the hotel, it was 25euros per person, it was a buffet. WAY TO OVERPRICED. You had to buy drinks even water, we got one bottle for 2.80euros, RIDICULOUS. The food was alright I ate everything I could to get my moneys worth. Then we slept and got up in time for breakfast.

**EDIT** 

No comments:

Post a Comment