Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 13: Where I experienced my first trashcan bomb

Our first FREE DAY!! Yay, we were supposed to use this day to work on our projects. We were supposed to meet at 10 but I didn’t know. So I woke up at 10:30 and called everyone and we realized we should just go to the beach and do the project later. So we eventually all met up and went to Illetes. While I was waiting for the bus I was on a bench in front of a trashcan. Then I heard a huge boom and I ran away. People were running toward me. Apparently someone put a fire cracker in the trashcan during the protest. I was scared shitless. We eventually went to the beach where Natalia already was and others met up. It was friggin hotttt, had to go in the water to cool off, got real tan, family called me Moreno for the first time. Then when I got back I took a shower and headed up to the bar area to work on the project, we finished pretty much all of it before 9ish. I headed home for dinner where we went to the roof, with AN AMAZING VIEW of the cathedral and the whole city. We went to see the eclipse but the moon was hiding. That is when I taught Javier FAIL, they thought I was saying feo or caer, like ugly or fall but I was saying FAIL, it’s hard to explain, so I showed him fail blog but he didn’t understand most of it b/c it was in English. We went up later after eating tortellini alone with Javier watching AFV in Spanish to see the Eclipse; it was amazing in that view. The view of the city here is breathtaking, there is nothing like it. I taught Javier the pound it, slide and chest bump move but I almost busted his face the first time. That kid cracks me up. I am soo exhausted and finally finished the project and cannot wait to be done with it tomorrow. I don’t wanna leave, it went by so fast but at least I found out that I’m going to Seville next year for a semester, and I’m definitely coming back to visit this amazing island and this amazing family. I know I’m gonna remember this for the rest of my life. 

*EDIT pictures of the view from the ceiling are later in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment