Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 8: Can we live here? No seriously, like I’m not leavin!

We had to meet at Plaza de España at 10am. I woke up exhausted and still drunk. Got dressed, Javier was here and asked if I wanted breakfast. I ate this marble cake with icing thing, it was really good. Then we got on a private bus to go the hotel. It was a 5 star hotel, Hotel Maricel. It was decked out. Everything was fancy. The view was amazing and the pools. The rooms are luxorious with nice views. Then we went across the street via their private underground tunnel. This was their SPA side and holy crap was it nice. They had everything, it was sooo fancy, the rooms even fancier.

Hotel Maricel
The View
Infinity Pool


Massage Rooms
Inside the rooms
Under the secret bridge
Inside the SPA side
Personal Infinity Pool
The Room
The Bathroom

Then we grabbed the bus back and I went to my house and we have to meet at the plaza again at 3 to go to Valldemossa which is a city in the mountains and im excited. Valldemossa was amazing! It is soooo beautiful, the mountains and the architecture are so cool, it has like a simplistic Arabic feel to it. I could walk around for hours in amazement. I mean the views and the town itself were ridiculously amazing. We had to do a scavenger hunt which we just cheated and asked people. Then we sat to have a typical dessert of coca de patata. Its like a sweet bun with powdered sugar it was really good. Another thing is the Coke here is soooo much better, it doesn’t sting its more flat and a more natural sweet. Its really good and addicting. Also I am BURNT and it hurts, the usual areas, my back/shoulders and inner knees, it needs to go away because I am always in the sun and tomorrow we are going kayaking and I don’t wanna be burnt.

Valldemossa 
The church
We thought this cat was dead
The lights were just light bulbs on a string
Some saints bone, it was weird
The streets were so tiny
The city

My class, we had to take a picture in the hotel
Coca de patata
ALL I CAN SAY IS IM IN LOVE IS PALMA DE MALLORCA! I can see myself living here, no joke. It is a literal paradise, its not like a Caribbean island which is underdeveloped. This is a very rich and developed island. It is very environmentally conscious and healthy. The health care is good. The people even better. The towns and beaches are phenomenal. I mean it has it all, there is no reason to leave. Except for being a US citizen.

Then the dinner drama. Usually the whole family eats, so I just go in and eat but today was different. The mom and dad left me alone with Luis and said something about the food being in the fridge but I wasn’t sure what was the dinner. So I didn’t eat and Luis said he would make it and then he didn’t so I was more confused. Eventually the mom came back and fed me and I ate alone and talked to her. Then I got ready to go out. We went back to the bar where we can sit outside and chill. We got 4 pitchers of Sangria, shit ton of beers, patatas bravas aka orgasm and I ate the rest of Brynna’s cake win! So I was getting pretty tipsy and the girls made we chug the rest of their sangria so we could leave and then I had to pee. But I eventually got home and passed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment