Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 2: The Borrás and Caldentey family

Woke up at 9 and got breakfast and then dropped our luggage off to go buy cell phones, which I had. They emptied the one store out haha. Then we walked around to Plaza de Espanya and later the university UIB, where we had a long orientation and eventually received our homestay information. Then we walked back to the hotel to get our luggage and meet our family, I am with Catalina Caldentey Borras. In center Palma downtown, one of the nicest areas. She is married and has 3 sons. Luis, Carlos y Javier. 20, 16 and 13 respectively.
Luis (20), Me, Kitty, Javier(13) and Carlos

Me and Carlitos (16) he wasn't there for the portrait 
I have my own room (carlos') and bathroom. It is an amazing apartment.






I ate with them and had hamburgers and tortellini. Then I got ready to go out. We met at Plaza de Espanya and walked the whole perimeter drinking for 2 hours. Our tour guide was lost. Then we got to the bar FINALLY, after peeing in the bushes and random restaurants. Nothing bonds a group more then peeing together in bushes on the first night. It was a 10 euro cover charge with a free drink that cost me 2 euros FAIL. We danced and then I tried to walk home alone, I was LOST. I wandered and then used my GPS to get home and I did.

Then I couldn’t open the door, the lock is impossible so I had to call my mom at 4:30 to let me in, I felt horrible.

The Doorknob is just in the center for decoration, To open the door you have to put the key in a little less then all the way in, then turn it a little to the left and it will pop open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment