Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 9: The Musical (Morbid and Slow) Kayaks

I woke up and hurried to get ready because I didn’t want to be late. My lunch was on the table; 2 foot long grilled chicken, cheese and lettuce sandwiches, a sleeve of cookies, corn nuts and giant bottle of frozen water. Also there were croissants and other desserts for breakfast. I didn’t have a lot of time so I grabbed a croissant and went out the door, it was delicious.

So we eventually got on the bus for the hour car ride there. Once there we had to get our basic kayaking lessons aka just paddle. So me and Chelsey decided to ride together, the 2 beginners. Omg was it fun. We had no idea what we were doing. We were paddling all over. Eventually we got it down but we were slow because we kept singing. We sang every Florence and the Machine song, the pokemon theme, Disney songs and classics. The whole time belting it out. I couldn’t stop laughing. We first kayaked to a beach that had naked old people where we stayed very little. Then we went to an island to look at salamanders and at this point we were exhausted, we went everywhere. So we booked it back to eat.

Kayaks on the island
All of us prepped and ready
Natural born model
I made it in the girls shot
All of us on the beach
Lunch was hilarious. We all just handed around our food. We passed around gummies, cookies, cake, sandwiches and drinks. Everyone was talking about their food. They give you soo much and some people had little so we were passing it out. Then we all just went and passed out on the beach. I woke up and everyone told me I had my hand on my chest and thought I would have a mark but I don’t. It was really sunny and hot. When I woke up and I wanted water and shade. We were all ready to leave. There was a little boy Santiago who came over. Max was building a sand castle and he came over to look at it. He had a jug and went back and forth from the ocean filling it up and dumping it in the moat; he was so happy and cute. Eventually they let us leave and get some shade.

Santi helping with the moat









He was a hard worker
We all passed out on the bus and ran home so we could shower and put on some aloe or as my parents give me “after sun: DNA repair” it’s so fancy I feel bad using it. But they are all tan so I highly doubt they get burnt and need it. But I am pretty burnt, my back and shoulders and pretty much healed but now my scalp and forearms are burnt. I still have no tan on my stomach which I don’t get because I laid on my back the whole time and slept but my arms are so tan from the kayaking it looks like I have no color but red. 


The DNA fixerr

No comments:

Post a Comment