Quote

Everybody dies, but not everybody
LIVES

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 29: Barcelona I'm BAAACKKKK bitches!!

I ate breakfast at hotel then went souvenir shopping back toward beach while Craig slept. I picked up some souvenirs and headed back on the bus since we were running a little late since you have to be at the airport really early.

We took a cab to the airport and had our second SPANAIR flight, this time to Barcelona.  Flight went well despite choppy landing.  I could not change my SPANAIR flight to Madrid since it was booked by US Air, not SPANAIR.

Then we took a cab to Best Western Alfa not far from airport and had easy access to public bus system that connected to the Metro. Took bus into Barcelona, had late lunch. Dad had veal you cooked on a hot plate in front of you, I had a pork, bacon and cheese sandwich and Craig had steak, salad and fries, all excellent.



Then we took the Metro to see Parc Guell which is the famous tile in Barcelona designed by Gaudi. Then we went to see the hospital that was under construction. I was kinda disappointed it is a pretty cool hospital but it was covered in scaffolding.










































Then we walked down to see my favorite cathedral of all time La Sagrada Familia, even though it was like my thousandth time seeing it I still find it amazing.



Then we went to Las Ramblas to walk around and see the statue of Christopher Columbus. We walked around and watched the statues and these amazing street dancers. Then we took the metro back because we didnt want to eat there because it is very expensive. Also we were scared the bus would stop running.















We ate at the bus stop because the bus stopped running at 10:30. We shared salad, tapas of garlic shrimp, potatoes, croquettes. I had a huge Piña Colada  Dad and Craig had 2 very large beers (a liter).  Waiter also gave us a free alcohol that tasted very good.  Took last bus back to hotel and passed out.





No comments:

Post a Comment